- 1/3 C Diced Celery
- 1/3 C Diced Carrot
- 1/4 C Onion
- 2 T Butter or Margarine
- 2 T Flour
- 1 Quart Milk
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 2 T Minced Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 6 Medium Potatoes, pealed and cooked
- Chives, Shredded Cheese and Bacon Bits, Optional
- In a 3-qt. Dutch oven or kettle, saute the celery, carrot and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add bouillon, parsley, salt, seasoned salt and cayenne.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cube half of the potatoes and mash the other half; add all to the soup.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish individual servings with chives, cheese and bacon bits if desired.
Portions: 8 Servings (2 quarts)