- 3 Tubes (12 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 15 medium apples, peeled, cored, and halved
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Flatten biscuits with your hand.
- Wrap each biscuit around an apple half; place seam side down in two greased 13 inch x-9 inch x 2 inch baking dishes.
- Combine sugar, water, butter and vanilla; pour about 1-2/3 cups into each pan.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over dumplings.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-40 minutes or golden brown and apples are tender.
- Serve immediately.
YIELD: 30 servings