Got this recipe from Taste of Home magazine. Love it! If you can’t find Hershey’s carmels you can substitute for Brach’s carmels instead.
- 2 C. sugar
- 3/4 C. baking cocoa
- 1 C. vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1 T. salt
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 C. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 C. chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 package (14 oz) Hershey’s carmels
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs and milk.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder
- Add to egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Spoon two thirds of the batter into a greased 12-9-2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the caramels and condensed milk over low heat until caramels are melted.
- Pour over baked brownie layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over caramel layer
- Carefully swirl brownie batter with a knife.
- Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs
Yield 2 dozen