- 2/3 Cup milk
- 2 t. red food coloring
- 1 1/3 Cup flour
- 1 T. cocoa
- 3/4 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup butter (softened)
- 1 egg + 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
- 4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 Cup powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Warm the milk 30 seconds in microwave. Add food coloring.
- Wisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat sugar and butter together until pale and fluffy. Beat egg and yolks with canilla; then beat into butter mixture, a little at a time.
- Beat in 1/3 flour mixture, 1/2 milk, 1/3 flour, rest of milk, then rest of flour. Pour into paper liners and bake 18-20 minutes.
- For frosting, beat butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth. Add sugar 1/4 cup at a time. Spread onto cooled cakes
Makes 12 cupcakes