Recipe provided by Eltje Doddema.
- 375 gram (US-13.2 oz) self raising flour
- 1 or 2 eggs
- 4 deciliter (1.7 cups) cold milk
- 1/2 T salt
- 100 gram (3.5 oz) currants
- 100 gram raisins (3.5 oz) (no stones)
- Put the flour in a bowl, break the eggs and add them to the flour.
- Also add the salt and some of the milk, and stir.
- Make sure you get a nice smooth dough without lumps.
- Then add the rest of the milk, the washed currants and raisins, and stir it.
- Put the dough in a mold for raisin cake, (butter the mold first) and put it in the oven.
- Bake it for about 1 hour on 175C or 350F.
- You can eat it when warm or cold with butter and brown sugar.
- Instead of the currants you can use 100 gram (3.5 oz) bacon and 100 gram (3.5 oz) smoked sausage.
Portions: 6 to 8