Recipe provided by Eltje Doddema.
- 500 gram (2.2 C) rye flour
- 750 gram (3.3 C) wheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 25 gram (2 T) salt
- 250 gram (1.1 C) brown sugar
- 125 gram (1/2 C) treacle (molasses)
- 10 deciliter (4 1/4 C) water
- some smoked bacon
- German sausage
- Stir all ingredients, (except the bacon and sausage), with lukewarm water into a smooth batter.
- Put some of the batter on a waffle-iron, add a few pieces of bacon and sausage on top and bake a waffle.
Note: In Groningen, these are traditional New-Year cakes