- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 11/2 C fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 C pine nuts
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 2/3 C softened cream cheese
- 1/4 C freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 C sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained
- 1/3 C tomato paste
- 3/4 C butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the garlic in a food processor.
- Mix in basil, lemon juice, pine nuts and olive oil. Process until well blended.
- Mix in 1/3 cup cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Blend using pulse setting until almost smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- Coarsely chop sun-dried tomatoes in the food processor. Mix in tomato paste and 1/3 cup cream cheese.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place 2 cups cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy. Season with slat and pepper.
- Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Line dish with plastic wrap so that the wrap extends over sides of the dish.
- Evenly spread 3/4 cup cream cheese and butter mixture in the prepared dish. Layer alternately with 1/2 the sun-dried tomato mixture, 1/2 cup cream cheese and butter mixture and 1/2 the pesto mixture.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or over night.
- Carefully invert dish onto platter and remove plastic to serve.
Serve with crackers
photo by: Lenny Montana