As a trade-off for the Courgette recipe, I promised Geesjen a zucchini bread recipe. Here it is:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts
- Blend zucchini and water
- Blend in eggs, oil and sugar
- Set aside
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nuts together
- Stir into wet mixture
- Pour into 2 lined loaf pans
- Bake at 325F for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Recipe provided by my mom, Rita Doddema.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup sour milk or buttermilk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 ¼ cup self-rising flour
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons Shortening
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon color
- Add and beat in sugar
- Add nutmeg
- Add melted shortening
- Add flour alternately with milk using only enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Roll out dough to ¼ inch thick
- Cut with doughnut cutter
- Fry in deep fat 375 degrees until brown turning once
*This recipe makes about 3 dozen donuts
Added some recipes, fixed other recipe posts and added images to them. I am hungry now!!!
Do you have a favorite recipe? Send it in and share with the rest of us!
The theme looks great…at least I think so but it doesn’t offer custom menus. Now I have to figure out how to add a link to the genealogy part using vanilla WordPress. Ugh! Pressure building in my head! More to come.
Sorry it’s been so long since a gedcom update but I’m happy to say it’s a decent size. Since last update, 91 people, 30 families and 118 documents have been added to the site.
I would like to thank everybody for their help and patience.