This recipe came from my aunt Julie! This is amazing! Close to a chili but I think better! If you have left over prime rib make this!! When my family hands down recipes they usually don’t add measurements. This is pretty fail proof so add how much you want.
- Cut prime rib into bite size pieces
- Chop carrots (a lot)
- chop an onion
- Broth from prime rib and add beef broth
- Kidney beans
- Black beans
- Chili powder
- Stewed Tomatoes
- As you can see there isn’t any measurements for ingredients. Use your own judgment and add what you believe tastes good.
- Put all in a pot and simmer
- Cook small pasta noodles and add to soup after it has simmered
My mom always made this salad a day ahead, but took it out of the fridge before serving as it tastes better when not ice cold.
- 1 pound cold meat-any kind
- 3 green apples
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cooked beet
- 6 boiled potatoes
- 4 dill pickles
- 10-12 small pickled onions
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tomato
- several sprigs of parsley
- Take the green apples and core and dice them
- Take the beet and dice it or use a 16 oz. can of diced beets well drained
- The potatoes should be coarsely mashed while hot
- Let the potatoes cool
- Slice the dill pickles
- Combine all ingredients
- Put salad on plater and shape in any form you desire
- Spread with mayonnaise and decorate with slices of pickle, parsley sprigs and tomato
This was another one of those recipes that we used for our first Thanksgiving together. It’s been almost 16 years now and we still use it every Thanksgiving. The kids love it since it has all their favorite fruits in it.
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 pkg (4 oz) raspberry jello
- 1 can (16 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 C chopped walnuts
- Drain pineapple juice in a 1 quart cup.
- Add enough cold water to reserved liquid to measure 3 cups.
- Pour into saucepan.
- Bring to boil
- Remove from heat.
- Add jello and stir until dissolved.
- Add in cranberry sauce until blended.
- Pour into large bowl.
- Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours until thickened.
- Stir in remaining pineapple, apples and nuts.
- Refrigerate 4 hours until firm.
While Kara and I were dating, she invited me to her home for dinner. She prepared the entire dinner by herself with this as the main course. It was at this moment that I knew I had to marry her!
- 2 (6.5 oz) cans of clams OR 3/4 lbs minced clams
- 1 C onions, finely chopped
- 1 C celery
- 3/4 C butter
- 1 qt half & half
- 1/2 t sugar
- 1 C diced carrots
- 3 C diced potatoes (bite-sized)
- 3/4 C flour
- 1/2 t salt
- pepper for taste
- Cover vegetables with water and cook until tender.
- Melt butter and flour slowly for 1-2 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add half & half slowly.
- Stir until smooth and thick.
- Add to cooked vegetables.
- Add clams undrained.