- 500 gram (US-17.6 oz) self raising flour
- 4 deciliter (US-1 pint) lukewarm milk
- 125 gram (US-4.4 oz) currants
- 125 gram (US-4.4 oz) raisins (without stones)
- 1 T salt
- 2 eggs
- salad oil to bake them in
- Optional: add 2 apples in parts
- Put the flour in a bowl and add the eggs, the salt and some of the milk and stir. Make sure you get a nice smooth dough without lumps.
- Add the rest of the milk, and stir.
- Put the washed and dried currants and raisins in, and stir it with a wooden spoon so it becomes a light batter.
- Take 2 tablespoons and make balls of the batter.
- Let them glide into the hot oil (150C or 300F) and fry small portions of balls for about 5 minutes. (They must swim in the oil)
- Do not put all of them in at the same time, they should not contact each other.
- Let them drain and serve them warm with powdered sugar.
Portions: 30 balls