- 2 sticks butter
- 3 C sugar
- 1 C sour cream
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 3 C flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add sour cream and mix.
- Sift flour and baking soda.
- Add to mix, alternating with eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour in a 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake for around 1 hour 20 minutes.
Recipe provided by Eltje Doddema.
- 375 gram (US-13.2 oz) self raising flour
- 1 or 2 eggs
- 4 deciliter (1.7 cups) cold milk
- 1/2 T salt
- 100 gram (3.5 oz) currants
- 100 gram raisins (3.5 oz) (no stones)
- Put the flour in a bowl, break the eggs and add them to the flour.
- Also add the salt and some of the milk, and stir.
- Make sure you get a nice smooth dough without lumps.
- Then add the rest of the milk, the washed currants and raisins, and stir it.
- Put the dough in a mold for raisin cake, (butter the mold first) and put it in the oven.
- Bake it for about 1 hour on 175C or 350F.
- You can eat it when warm or cold with butter and brown sugar.
- Instead of the currants you can use 100 gram (3.5 oz) bacon and 100 gram (3.5 oz) smoked sausage.
Portions: 6 to 8
As a trade-off for the Courgette recipe, I promised Geesjen a zucchini bread recipe. Here it is:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts
- Blend zucchini and water
- Blend in eggs, oil and sugar
- Set aside
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nuts together
- Stir into wet mixture
- Pour into 2 lined loaf pans
- Bake at 325F for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
gathering ground for our families